Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reflections

It is very late, and I am having trouble sleeping....which is nothing out of the ordinary for me =)
I've said that I want to get better at blogging, and now I am going to actually try and do better.

Scott and I have been attending Highlands Presbyterian for a little over a month now and actually met with the Elders yesterday evening in order to move forward in the process of joining the church. We know this is fast, but we both really feel this is where God is calling us to be.

We sat down with one of the elders, Mr. Farber, and our "interview" began. He asked us some "get-to-know-you" questions, told his story, then asked us to tell ours. I guess being rushed all day, with Ethan being sick and us trying to pack up our house to move, I hadn't really thought about the meeting or what I was going to say. Scott gave his testimony first, and as I was listening I realized that Scott and I don't talk much about our testimony and how God worked in our lives as young children and even young adults. Obviously, we both knew the other was a Christian when we married, and we talk about recent events and how we growing NOW. But it just makes you realize that "getting to know" your spouse is a lifetime event, and we learn new things about each other every day.

Scott and I both have very different stories, even though we both grew up hearing and knowing the Gospel. I joke with Scott about how easy his life has been, and how God has blessed him with a life relatively free of major trials. He is not a big blogger, but maybe he will add to this blog post =)

When I was giving my testimony, and even afterward, I was given a rare opportunity to reflect on my life and how God has really worked on my heart over the years. Throughout my life God has walked with me though trials-- everything from moving to a new city at 15, a broken engagement, and a major battle with depression. He has also been there with me during the many joyful times in my life like getting married and having a beautiful baby boy. I realize that I need to spend more time reflecting on my life and how God has brought me to the place that I am today. I am humbled even now as I think of the grace and mercy God has shown me throughout my journey, and I am thankful that He knows the plans he has for my life, my husband's life, and Ethan's life, and He will carry them out to completion.

Scott and I were both very fortunate to have grown up in Christian homes with two caring parents who loved us dearly. We hope and pray we are able to provide a safe, loving, and Christian home for our children.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
Micah 6:8

4 comments:

Hannah and Scott said...

I'd say I have had a pretty "easy" life. God has always provided me with good friends to encourage me and go through life with me. He's my Shepherd. Whenever I've struggled or had doubts He's used my friends to guide me back to where I need to be. He blessed me with a great family growing up and now He's blessed me with a wonderful wife and an awesome son! There's nothing I've done to deserve anything I have. It's all by His grace and mercy!

It's always good to reflect on what we have and be thankful for what God has blessed us with.


- Scott

Susie said...

Great post Hannah!

Elizabeth said...

That is so true and so encouraging!

Mandy Rowland Quiram said...

Well said friend! He certainly does use all events in our lives for GOOD.....though it may not feel like it in the valleys. Love, love to see where He has brought you...